San Guillermo de Aquitania Church, Rectory, and Belfry (National Historical Landmark)
Poblacion – The foundation of the town  started when it became a visita of Carcar  in 1690 but later established itself as an in dependent parish in 1711. However, the construction of a permanent church structure happened only in 1802 and was initiated by Fr. Juan Chacel. The church was finished in 1825. Fr. Juan Alonso built the rectory on a later date and was finished in 1832, based on the inscriptions found on the front door. The octagonal three-story belfry was added between 1850 to 1860. In the early 1800s, the church served as a fortification protection the townspeople during Moro attacks.

The church design is earthquake baroque characterized by buttresses found on the sides of the church. The church front is divided into three levels by cornice stone moldings. Four pilasters with floral relief extend from the base of the facade all the way to the dement on top which separates each level into segments. The lower level of the facade has a semi-circular entrance way and is balanced with decorated niches on both sides. The second level has two-semi-circular windows and a niche in the middle. The pediment has a central niche and a small circular window that serve as lookout. Finials adorn both sides ad on the apex of the pediment.

The interior of the church is richly accentuated by a retablo that is of Rococo design with gilded moldings. The four-sided altars have similar elaborate ornamental designs. The church has a barrel ceiling painted with biblical scenes and personalities. This was done by Canuto Avila, who was commissioned by Fr. Ruperto Sarmiento in July 1935.

The rectory is located on the right side of the church and is connected by a passage through the choir loft. It is a typical Spanish era structure made of stone materials on the lower level and with wooden elements on the upper level.

The plaza was used from the Spanish era until the present as a processional route during fiesta and other church celebrations.

 Casa Real (Municipio)
Poblacion – Local residents believe that the Municipio must have been built around 1832. This building was the seat of government of the town from the Spanish era until the present.  The original structure was L-shaped with a symmetrical facade and clay tiles roofing while the wall are made of coral stones.  By the passing of time, the roof is replaced with galvanized iron sheets and the canopy is added at the main entrance area.

During the 1898 revolution, the municipyo was attacked and occupied by rebels that burned important papers pertaining to a local Spanish boat San Juan dela Austria. The rebels were captured and executed. This execution has prompted the locals headed by Fr. Ruperto Sarmiento to group, arm and station themselves at the hillsides so they can attack the Spanish troops. However, the Americans came and the group disbanded.

During World War II, this was the center of the civil government and of the Japanese Constabulary, commonly referred to as JC. There was a prison cell at the back portion of the building to hold guerilla prisoners mostly coming from Alcoy, Boljoon and other areas.

Cristo Rey Monument
Poblacion – This monument was made through the efforts of Fr. Ruperto Sarmiento, parish priest to express his concern for spiritual upliftment among the parishioners.

The structure has a balustered stairway and perimeter enclosure. Finials top each corner of the pedestal where the Cristo Rey is mounted. It stands proud today at the center of the church plaza. This was completed on July 29, 1938.

Poblacion Watchtower (Kiosko)
Poblacion– Originally two levels in height, the Poblacion watchtower, popularly known as the Bantay Moros, was built in 1768 as inscribed on top of one of the windows. It served as the first line of defense for the town during the Moro attacks in the late 1700s and early 1800s. One of the watchtowers found in Dalaguete that comprised the string of watchtowers strategically stationed stretching from Sibonga to Santander, it also served as the early warning line for approaching Moro invaders. In the 1970s the upper level of the watchtower has been transformed and added with a pavilion-like structure. At present, it is a town landmark locally referred to as “kiosko”.
Poblacion– This canon was one of the strongest weapons that the Spaniards used against the bandits, particularly the Moros at the late 1600s.

A tale was told that this canon was the very weapon Snr. San Guillermo held. Invaders were then afraid to attack because of a giant (believed to be San Guillermo) holding a canon and marching at the shores of Dalaguete.

Obong Watchtower
Obong – This square planned bastion built sometime in the late 1700s and early 1800s was one of the three watchtowers found in Dalaguete that comprise the series of watchtowers built by Fr. Julian Bermejo to protect the southern part of Cebu from Moro raids. It served as an early warning station and defense line for the townspeople when Moro invaders approach inland.
 Santa Cruz
Poblacion – Constructed by Fr. Ruperto Sarmiento in 1921, the monument commemorates the Redemptorist Missions at that time which was made possible through his invitations.  The structure is composed of a square base plinth with a narrow top crowned with a cross perched on a cornice molding.
Poblacion – The presence of the remaining osarium on the site suggest that it must have been the location of the first cemetery for Dalaguete during the Spanish era. Relief design on the pediment of the edifice are still visible though some portion have already deteriorated.
Poblacion – This wall fortification was built to protect the perimeter area of the church during Moro attacks in the late 18th century and early 19th century. Comprised of thick low alls made of coral stone, the length of the front walls are regularly interrupted by square pillars trimmed with quarter round moldings and topped with a pointed final. A rectangular gateway with clay tiles accents the back perimeter wall.
St. Mary’s Academy
Poblacion – The school was founded in 1925 by Fr. Ruperto Sarmiento, fondly referred to by residents as “Fr. Pentong”, to expand the Escuela Catolica of the municipality. It was named Annunciation Academy in 1933 when the school administration was turned over to the “Hijas de Calidad” of the town and was teaching Spanish, religion, piano and vocational courses.

For a short while, from the late 1940s up to 1956, the school offered Liberal Arts course which “earned the school the title of Colegio”.  From 1946 until the present, the administration of the school is being run by the Religious of the Virgin Mary which continues to teach the principles of the Catholic faith and devotion.

Archbishop Manuel Salvador Museum
Poblacion – The ancestral house of the couples Filemon Osorio Salvador and Ursula del Mar Sandalo wa built circa 1885 and renovated in 1953 and 2001.  It is used as a residence since their marriage on April 19, 1909 until the early years of the new millennium, when it was converted into a museum and a library last February 8, 2002.

The Salvador-Sandalo clan include, among others, the patriarch former Mayor Filemon Osorio Salvador (1922-1928), the matriarch former Municipal Councilor and Mother of the Year awardee Ursula Sandalo-Salvador, and their children former Mayor Francisco Salvador (1972-1976) and former Coadjutor Archbishop of Cebu Manuel Salvador, D.D. to which the museum is named after.

 Rizal Monument
Poblacion – The site used to be the location of the octagonal stage of the town during the Spanish era until the early American period.  It was the center of the town’s recreational activities where the musicians gathered and zarzuelas and plays were staged.
The first statue erected was that of Andres Bonifacio holding a bolo.  Local accounts disclose that, at a certain point in time, residents believed that the landmark has a certain influence on the killing incidents that happened during fiestas, which gave the town a negative image.  In order to dispel such incidents, the town authorities decided to replace it with a Jose Rizal statue.
Dalaguete Central Elementary School
Poblacion – The Gabaldon type main building of the school was constructed in 1914 and was finished in 1916. This was the first school built during the American era. On a later date, the Home Economics building was added. During World War II, the school was made into a garrison/headquarters by the Japanese Imperial army. It was burned by the USAFFE soldiers right after the Japanese troops left during the liberation so as to make sure the Japanese do not come back and occupy it again. The school was rebuilt during the late 1940s with the same Gabaldon design as the original structure with a symmetrical design and six square concrete pillars on the façade. Most of the residents in Dalaguete claim that they were educated in this school.
Crispin Almagro Ancestral House (Condrada “Dading” Almagro Residence)
Poblacion- Built in 1908, this white house with green roof was the house of Don Crispin and Doña Paula Osorio-Almagro, distinguished leaders and philanthropists in Dalaguete. They donated the land where the Dalaguete National High School now stands. They are also members of the Confradia dela Virgen Conolacion which even up to the present the tradition of holding the kumbira is still practiced by their children, who are also members of the present Confradia group. This is also the home of former mayor Condrada “Dading” Almagro, considered to be the “venerable matriarch” of the town. She is notable public figure known for her civic, philanthropic and charity works.
 Melchor Dayao House
Poblacion – This was the residence of Melchor B. Dayao since it was established in the early 1900s. He was considered to be the first doctor in the town who specialized in respiratory ailments. Dr. Dayao was part of the original group that comprised the Confradia de la Virgen Consolacion. The house may have had its share of kumbira activities in the past. The house has undergone renovations, both exterior and interior, but it has retained its general early American-era architectural characteristics such as the sliding panel windows with spindle wooden ventanillas. Dutch-hip roof, and window box planter supported by simple ornate brackets. The soffit on the roof eaves has ventilators with anthemion motif fretwork design.
Paling-Paling Road (Mantalongon Road)
Obo – Commonly referred to by local residents as the “Paling-paling” road, the construction of this vital link to the mountains was initiated by Fr. Ruperto Sarmiento between 1931-1933. He had the foresight of the potential of Mantalongon to be the “Vegetable Basket” of Cebu. Mariano Jesus Cuenco, who was governor at that time, supported the project by providing prisoners with minor sentences to help in the labor work. At present, this road now connects the rest of mountain barangays to the Poblacion area.
Cristo Rey de Mantalongon
Mantalongon – Located within the property of the prominent Almagro clan, it was constructed sometime in the 1950s by the same sculptor who made the Cristo Rey Monument. Standing more than 10 meters high, it is the culminating masterpiece featuring life-sized “Via Crucis” scenes.
Villa Caridad Monastery and Holy Cross
Mantalongon – Constructed in early 1930s, the monastery is the former residence of the Daughters of Charity nuns, managed by Paulist priests. Only the foundations of the monastery remain at present. A concrete Holy Cross overloking Mantalongon is erected at the summit of a nearby hill as a Peace Memorial, following the end of the Second World War, courtesy of missionary-priest Fr. P.J. Corres. The locals dubbed the area the Sta. Cruz of Villa Caridad.
Sta. Monica Parish Church
Cawayan – The parish was established in 1952.
San Isidro Labrador Parish Church
Mantalongon – What makes the church unique is its prominent glass design. The area is large and depends on natural light that gives a well ventilated atmosphere. Established in 1958, the parish comprises 14 upland barangays. The church is a symbol of devout Catholicism alive among the residents until today. Mantalongon has its very own Convent beside the church and a tall belfry.
Dalaguete Public Cemeteries
Poblacion – Catholic Cemetery. The first person being interred in this cemetery was Torcuato Silerio, known popularly as Kapitan Tatong who died on January 8, 1871. He was interred in Nicho no. 1 at the then newly-built Catholic Cemetery.

Municipal Cemetery. Situated adjacent to the Catholic Cemetery, it was established in 1937 to accommodate the remains of non-catholics. In a resolution dated August 3, 1937, the services of Fr. Ruperto Sarmiento was requested by the Municipal Council to perform a Sacramental Blessing of the newly established Municipal Cemetery before it was opened for service.

Don Bosco Retreat House
Mantalongon – Constructed in 1965, it is used as a retreat house for members of the Don Bosco Congregation. It has its own chapel, prayer room and mess hall.
Heritage Well
Poblacion – This well served the people of Dalaguete decades ago when water was scarce. The Knights of Columbus started to improve the well in 2006, thus named, Heritage Well. The project was not completed because of financial constraints, but with the creation and subsequent funding by the Parish Committee for Cultural Heritage, the well was completely restored.
Fr. Ruperto Sarmiento Monument
Poblacion – This monument was built on December 2009 in honor of the first Filipino priest who had served the parish for forty-nine (49) years. This was again one of the initiatives of the Parish Committee on Cultural Heritage.
Other Church Landmarks
Garden of Gethsemane
Poblacion – This area (left side) of the church used to house the image of Our Lady of Lourdes (now placed at St. Mary Academy). This spacious, landscaped Getsemane garden was intiated by the church leaders in collaboration with the local government.
San Guillermo Statue
Poblacion (placed at the Convent Courtyard)
Monument for Unborn Babies
Poblacion – This Pro-Life project was initiated by the Knights of Columbus St. William Council 1042. This was inaugurated on February 10, 2005.
Virgen de la Consolacion Shrine