Born of JG Summit’s commitment to social responsibility, the Gokongwei Brothers Foundation (GBF) was established in 1992 to help uplift the socio-economic condition of Filipinos through the funding of educational projects.
ISKOLAR NI JUAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The 1-Year Iskolar ni Juan Scholarship Program of the Gokongwei Brothers Foundation, in partnership with Universal Robina Corporation (URC) aims to train underprivileged high school graduates, in the field of Mechatronics Servicing (NCII) and Instrumentation and Control Servicing (NCII). After a year, of academic and technical education, which includes On-the-Job Training (OJT) at URC plants, the scholars would then obtain a National Certificate Level II (NC II), provided he/she passes the competency-based assessment of the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA). After which, they shall be considered for employment for regular positions at URC plants, either as Production Operator or Maintenance Technician.Both Mechatronics Servicing (NCII) and Instrumentation and Control Servicing (NCII) will be offered as ‘full scholarship programs’; fully-subsidized and inclusive of meal allowance, dormitory accommodation, weekly transportation allowance (for NCR residents), school projects’ allowance, a 1-time uniform subsidy, and as well as an OJT allowance. Therefore no tuition fees or any other fees will be collected from the scholars.QUALIFICATIONS
- Single, 16-25 years old, male or female, Filipino Citizen
- At least a High School graduate from a public school or Alternative Learning System
- With good scholastic records and moral character, preferably highly adept to Mathematics
- With total annual household income not exceeding Php 200,000.00
- Accomplished Application Form with 2×2 photo (2 pieces)
- High School Diploma
- Birth Certificate
- Barangay or Police Clearance
- Certificate of Good Moral Character from last school attended.
- Form 138 (High School level) or Transcript of Records (College level)
- Form 2316 or Certificate of Compensation
- One page essay with topic “Why do I deserve to be a Gokongwei Brothers Foundation Scholar?”
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCESS
- Interested applicants may submit fully accomplished application form with attached photo and Barangay Clearance to any URC plants or installations or via email (see the attached poster) on or before April 21, 2017.
- Those who will meet the initial pre-qualifying criteria will be informed and will be asked to submit the rest of the required documents during the entrance examination.
- Those who passed the entrance examination shall undergo a panel interview with the screening committee.
- Selected candidates shall undergo a medical examination.
- Those who passed the selection shall be granted a 1-year scholarship.