Menu

 gbreaking01There will soon be a 2-storey, six-classroom school building at the South Wing portion of the Dalaguete National High School beside the area where the semi-circular American-era Quonset Hut presently stands, thanks to the concerted effort of the Ramon Aboitiz Foundation Incorporated (RAFI) who will shoulder 60% of the project cost pegged at P5,171,871.37, the Cebu Provincial Government who will pay for the remaining 40% of the cost, and the Municipal Government of Dalaguete, who will construct and complete the infrastructure at the end of December this year. 

 In his speech prior to the ground-breaking proper, DNHS Principal Mr. Luis Carin reminisced that during his first year as the school’s top honcho way back in 2005, there were only about 1,300 students by then with less than 20 sections as compared to this year’s around 2,300 students scattered among the 52 sections. As of SY 2013-2014, DNHS is host to 15 Grade 7 sections (Rose, Sampaguita, Azucena, Orchid, Dahlia, Camia, Gardenia, Gumamela, Anthurium, Daisy, Jasmin, Hyacinth, Lavender, Mimosa and Daffodil), 13 Grade 8 sections (Narra, Molave, Ipil, Yakal, Gemelina, Acacia, Eucalyptus, Lawaan, Olive, Falcatta, Ficus, Chestnut and Pine), 12 third year sections (Pearl, Diamond, Emerald, Jade, Amethyst, Sapphire, Ruby, Gold, Garnet, Aquamarine, Opal, and Citrine), and 12 fourth year sections (Lapulapu, Sikatuna, Lakandula, Humabon, Soliman, Dagohoy, Diego Silang, Mabini, Aguinaldo, Rizal, Agoncillo and Jose Palma). “Because of the lack of classrooms, some classes are held at the school’s covered multi-purpose hall, another class is held at the grandstand, and still another class is held under the shade of the mango tree. This new 2-storey, six-classroom school building will help us solve this problem,” Mr. Carin said. He added that said new building will be utilized by the Grade 7 students. 

 Meanwhile, Vice-Governor Agnes Magpale stressed that she had chosen Dalaguete, together with the towns of Bantayan and Tuburan as among the first recipients of 2-storey, 6-classroom buildings because, “nakaila gyud kaayo ko kung unsa ka development-oriented ang mga mayor niining maong mga lungsod.” (I know very well how development-oriented these town mayors are). 

 Present during the ground-breaking were Vice-Governor Agnes Magpale, Mayor Ronald Allan Cesante, RAFI Executive Director for Education Development Unit Mr. Anthony Dignadice and DNHS School Principal Mr. Luis Carin. Also present during the occasion are the members of the Sangguniang Bayan headed by Vice-Mayor Jeffrey Belciña, members of the Association of Barangay Councils headed by Hon. Eriberto Bentazal, members of the DNHS faculty and staff, Municipal Department Heads and the DNHS students, among others.   

 gbreaking02 gbreaking03   gbreaking04
 gbreaking05  gbreaking06  gbreaking07

 

 

 

Business Directory

Go to top