Crispin Almagro Ancestral House (Guani Residence)
Poblacion - Constructed sometime during the late 1890s, this must have been the first house of Don Crispin Almagro before he built the ancestral Almagro house across the street. The silong (lower floor) use to house the first bakery of the municipality called Chancaw during the American period. During World War II, it was one of two houses used as school for the local children since the town school was converted into a garrison/headquarters for the Japanese Imperial army. One of the lessons taught was Japanese language. At present, the house still retains its panel walls and continuous sliding panel windows.

Alejandro Legaspi House
Poblacion - Built in 1912, the house has a square plan, Dutch-hip nipa roof and clapboard walls. The simple facade is accented with the double sliding capiz windows with wooden spindle ventanillas.

Jesus Lozada House (Daniel Santos Residence)
Poblacion - The house was constructed in 1913. The first owner, Jesus Lozada was a member of the Confradia dela Virgen Consolacion. This is one of the residences in town that played host to the groups’ annual kumbira. During the World War II, it has been said that for a short period of time, this house was one of two houses used as school for the children in which Japanese language was one of the lessons taught. It also became a quarter for the Japanese Imperial troops.

Ignacio Buenconsejo House
Poblacion - Built in 1915, this was the house of Ignacio Buenconsejo, the fiscal of Fr. Ruperto Sarmiento. He used to assist Fr. Pentong in all of his activities. According to Jovencia Buenconsejo, current owner, Mariano Cuenco used to stay in the house during vacation. Architectural features of the house include sliding wood panel windows with highly ornate ventanilla design. Its tugas stairway is still in good condition.

Pantaleon Bajarias House
Poblacion - Pantaleon Bajarias Sr. constructed the house in 1916. The ground floor was used for commercial functions. In 1947, Felisa, the daughter of the owner accepted boarders mostly coming from Boljoon and Oslob who went to the Dalaguete Provincial High School. The facade of the house has a symmetrical design with sliding panel windows and ornate wrought iron ventanillas. There are slender but hollow wooden pilasters with ornate design at the cornice. The panels above the window transom reflects the original green color of the house of which faded floral designs are still visible. The interior ceiling of the house also reflects painted floral designs. Interior partitions are latticed and all doors have carved doorframes and fretwork design above the door transom. Walls on both side of the main entrance also have hand-painted figures. The house has an exterior concrete stairway which was added in 1922. The date of which is inscribed on the stair’s base.

Pedro Dueñas House (Judith Tumabiene’s Residence)
Poblacion - This was built in 1917. Pedro Dueñas and his wife Epifania, were members of the Confradia dela Virgen Consolacion and the house was among those that host the yearly kumbira of the organization. This activity was said to be the reason why the old house used to have a movable wall partition between the sala and the bedroom so the area can be extended when there is a kumbira. The ground floor was a commercial space rented by Chinese merchants. During the World War II, the house was used as a quarter for the officers of the Japanese Imperial army. According to Invicto Alcantara, a municipal historian, when the Liberation came to the silong was also used ad a headquarter for the guerilla and Filipino soldiers.

Osorio-Dueñas House
Poblacion - This was the house of Leonisa “Leoning” Osorio and Zosimo Dueñas, which was built in 1917. They were part of the Confradia dela Virgen Consolacion group. Local residents also believe that officers of the Japanese Imperial Army used to stay in the house during the World War II. In 1947, the Lee Tung Bakery occupied the silong of the house. At present, this rectangular house still retains its sliding panel windows and panel ventanilla shutters. The porch entrance has a highly ornate callado design.
Pepito Rivera House
Poblacion - This 1917 residence has tugas posts encased in square boxes to have uniform appearance. The floor is made of combined tugas and bayong floor panels. There are decorative carvings on top of the double sliding panel door. A distinctive characteristic of the house is the highly ornate ventanillas and the window plant box with grooved design and ornately bracket support.
Urbano Centino House
Poblacion - Built in the 1920s, the house still retains its original slender and rounded tugas roof frames. It has sliding capiz windows, wooden spindle ventanillas and double folding panel doors.

Victoriano Osorio House
Poblacion - Built sometime in the 1920s, this was the house of Rosario Buenconsejo and Victoriano Osorio, who was the Chief of Police of the Japanese Constabulary during World War II. The house still retains its clapboard walls and double sliding glass panel windows. Originally, ventanillas were part of the original design of the windows but has been replaced with v-cut sidings. There is a wood stiffener bracket that supports the porch roofing.

Justino Osorio House
Poblacion - Built in 1921, the ground floor of this residence was used as a commercial space. The owners were part of the Confradia dela Virgen Consolacion. It is said that they used to accommodate visiting local supervisors and principals of the Dalaguete Central School. Julieta Osorio, the daughter of Justino and the present owner of the house, can still recall that a certain Mr. Klein, an American superintendent for the school used to take his lunch in this house.
Cipriano Legaspi House
Poblacion - This rectangular house with hip roof was built in the 1920s. It is made of clapboard walls, wooden panel sliding windows and wooden ventanillas. The tugas posts are intact. The banggera rests on stone ruble.
Emmanuel Selerio House
Lalin, Poblacion - This two-level residence was built in the late 1920s but was incrementally added on over the years. It was one of the houses in town that sponsor the activities of the Confradia dela Virgen Consolacion since Emmanuel Selerio was a member of the group. It became the “hangout” of the Japanese Imperial army officers during the World War II since there was a piano in the house. One officer would play the piano and the rest would sing along. The piano is said to be still functioning up to this day.
Urbano Centino House
Poblacion - Built in the 1920s, the house still retains its original slender and rounded tugas roof frames. It has sliding capiz windows, wooden spindle ventanillas and double folding panel doors.

Pablo Buenconsejo House
Poblacion - This house was built in the late 1920s by Pablo Buenconsejo and his wife Esperediona Catalan. They were members of the Confradia dela Virgen Consolacion group. The original rectangular house remains intact. It has wide clapboard walls that is painted in white, which contrast to the brown double sliding capiz windows with spindle wooden ventanillas. Ornamental fretwork bordered with brown bands run the entire length of the roof eaves soffit. The three segmented arches on the façade was added in the 1980s.

Fidel Buenconsejo House
Poblacion - For this 1929 house, descendants of the owner of the house relate that it once was a food supply depot of the guerillas in 1946 during the Liberation period. The original roof was made of nipa but has long since been replaced by G.I. sheets. The clapboard exterior walls, double sliding capiz windows, and the floor panels and posts are still intact as well as the solid tugas staircase located on the back portion of the house.
Conrado Tan House
Poblacion - This late 1930s residence is said to be a quarter for the Japanese Imperial troops during World War II. The house is considered to be one of the residence that used to sponsor the kumbira of the Confradia dela Virgen Consolacion group. Renovated in the 1950s, the house features wide vertical fixed shutters located on the left portion of the house. The windows are double sliding made of capiz.

Salvador Bajarias House (Paz Wong’s House)
- The house is said to have been built in 1933. Originally, only the upper floor was used as a residential area and the walls were unpainted. Local residents can still recall that the silong was an open space and that it was used as a church for the Seventh Day Adventist in 1946 using tulda as temporary walls for the first two months every Saturday during congregation.

Paterno Belciña House
Poblacion - Built in 1940, the house used to have a twin structure owned by Emeliana Hernaiz, wherein both houses shared a common main stairway between them. The ground floor of the house was used commercially. During the World War II, the store remained open selling mostly rice. One squad of Japanese soldiers briefly stayed in the house together with the family. At present, the house has undergone several renovations but still retains its American era characteristics of truncated roof design, sliding glass panel windows, and wooden ventanillas.

Cecilio de Castilla House
Poblacion - This one-level elevated house constructed in 1941 has a gable roof, wide clapboard walls, and capiz sliding windows with a plant box having geometric ornamentation. The porch has geometric latticework on the entrance.
Vicente and Cristina Salvador House
Poblacion - This abandoned house is believed to have been built in the 1940s. Although the house has undergone extensions over the years, it still has the characteristics similar to other houses in its time such as sliding windows with glass panels, geometrical ventanilla design and Dutch-hip roofing.
Crispin Almagro Ancestral House
Lalin, Poblacion - The house, believed to be built in the late 1940s is owned by Crispin Almagro, a relative of the notable town philanthropist of the same name. The tugas post are still intact along with the sliding windows and wooden ventanillas.
Macario Carungay House
Poblacion - This Post Independence house was built in 1951, the house has Dutch-hip roofing and casement glass panel windows. The house has clapboard exterior walls and the interior partitions have geometric latticework designs reminiscent of the era.
Pricilla Mamac House
Poblacion - This 1950s house has diamond shaped roof vents, double sliding glass panel windows with fixed louvers on top, and geometric latticework on the entrance porch. The design and layout of the house is typical of the era.
Tirso Osorio House
Poblacion - Built in 1952, this two-storey house has a rounded corner façade, the only one having such characteristics in the Poblacion area. The casement windows are painted bright red and have glass panels. At present, dental clinic is housed on the ground floor. The owner, Conrado Tan was said to have been part of the original group that comprise the Confradia dela Virgen Consolacion.
Felisa Bajarias House
Poblacion - Built in 1952, the house has an angular arched entrance way. A distinctive characteristic of the house is a mirador with glass panels running its entire vertical length. There is also a pointed metal rod at the apex of the mirador roof. This is the only house in the poblacion having this type of Post Independence architectural design.
White House
Mantalongon - Estimated to be constructed around 1961-1963, the architecture is American inspired and unique compared to other buildings in the barangay. The owner used to be Conrada Almagro.
San Guillermo de Aquitania Church, Rectory, and Belfry (National Historical Landmark)
Poblacion - The foundation of the town  started when it became a visita of Carcar  in 1690 but later established itself as an in dependent parish in 1711. However, the construction of a permanent church structure happened only in 1802 and was initiated by Fr. Juan Chacel. The church was finished in 1825. Fr. Juan Alonso built the rectory on a later date and was finished in 1832, based on the inscriptions found on the front door. The octagonal three-story belfry was added between 1850 to 1860. In the early 1800s, the church served as a fortification protection the townspeople during Moro attacks.

The church design is earthquake baroque characterized by buttresses found on the sides of the church. The church front is divided into three levels by cornice stone moldings. Four pilasters with floral relief extend from the base of the facade all the way to the dement on top which separates each level into segments. The lower level of the facade has a semi-circular entrance way and is balanced with decorated niches on both sides. The second level has two-semi-circular windows and a niche in the middle. The pediment has a central niche and a small circular window that serve as lookout. Finials adorn both sides ad on the apex of the pediment.

The interior of the church is richly accentuated by a retablo that is of Rococo design with gilded moldings. The four-sided altars have similar elaborate ornamental designs. The church has a barrel ceiling painted with biblical scenes and personalities. This was done by Canuto Avila, who was commissioned by Fr. Ruperto Sarmiento in July 1935.

The rectory is located on the right side of the church and is connected by a passage through the choir loft. It is a typical Spanish era structure made of stone materials on the lower level and with wooden elements on the upper level.

The plaza was used from the Spanish era until the present as a processional route during fiesta and other church celebrations.
 Casa Real (Municipio)
Poblacion - Local residents believe that the Municipio must have been built around 1832. This building was the seat of government of the town from the Spanish era until the present.  The original structure was L-shaped with a symmetrical facade and clay tiles roofing while the wall are made of coral stones.  By the passing of time, the roof is replaced with galvanized iron sheets and the canopy is added at the main entrance area.

During the 1898 revolution, the municipyo was attacked and occupied by rebels that burned important papers pertaining to a local Spanish boat San Juan dela Austria. The rebels were captured and executed. This execution has prompted the locals headed by Fr. Ruperto Sarmiento to group, arm and station themselves at the hillsides so they can attack the Spanish troops. However, the Americans came and the group disbanded.

During World War II, this was the center of the civil government and of the Japanese Constabulary, commonly referred to as JC. There was a prison cell at the back portion of the building to hold guerilla prisoners mostly coming from Alcoy, Boljoon and other areas.

Cristo Rey Monument
Poblacion - This monument was made through the efforts of Fr. Ruperto Sarmiento, parish priest to express his concern for spiritual upliftment among the parishioners.

The structure has a balustered stairway and perimeter enclosure. Finials top each corner of the pedestal where the Cristo Rey is mounted. It stands proud today at the center of the church plaza. This was completed on July 29, 1938.

Poblacion Watchtower (Kiosko)
Poblacion- Originally two levels in height, the Poblacion watchtower, popularly known as the Bantay Moros, was built in 1768 as inscribed on top of one of the windows. It served as the first line of defense for the town during the Moro attacks in the late 1700s and early 1800s. One of the watchtowers found in Dalaguete that comprised the string of watchtowers strategically stationed stretching from Sibonga to Santander, it also served as the early warning line for approaching Moro invaders. In the 1970s the upper level of the watchtower has been transformed and added with a pavilion-like structure. At present, it is a town landmark locally referred to as “kiosko”.
Poblacion- This canon was one of the strongest weapons that the Spaniards used against the bandits, particularly the Moros at the late 1600s.

A tale was told that this canon was the very weapon Snr. San Guillermo held. Invaders were then afraid to attack because of a giant (believed to be San Guillermo) holding a canon and marching at the shores of Dalaguete.

Obong Watchtower
Obong - This square planned bastion built sometime in the late 1700s and early 1800s was one of the three watchtowers found in Dalaguete that comprise the series of watchtowers built by Fr. Julian Bermejo to protect the southern part of Cebu from Moro raids. It served as an early warning station and defense line for the townspeople when Moro invaders approach inland.
 Santa Cruz
Poblacion - Constructed by Fr. Ruperto Sarmiento in 1921, the monument commemorates the Redemptorist Missions at that time which was made possible through his invitations.  The structure is composed of a square base plinth with a narrow top crowned with a cross perched on a cornice molding.
Poblacion - The presence of the remaining osarium on the site suggest that it must have been the location of the first cemetery for Dalaguete during the Spanish era. Relief design on the pediment of the edifice are still visible though some portion have already deteriorated.
Poblacion - This wall fortification was built to protect the perimeter area of the church during Moro attacks in the late 18th century and early 19th century. Comprised of thick low alls made of coral stone, the length of the front walls are regularly interrupted by square pillars trimmed with quarter round moldings and topped with a pointed final. A rectangular gateway with clay tiles accents the back perimeter wall.
St. Mary's Academy
Poblacion - The school was founded in 1925 by Fr. Ruperto Sarmiento, fondly referred to by residents as “Fr. Pentong”, to expand the Escuela Catolica of the municipality. It was named Annunciation Academy in 1933 when the school administration was turned over to the “Hijas de Calidad” of the town and was teaching Spanish, religion, piano and vocational courses.

For a short while, from the late 1940s up to 1956, the school offered Liberal Arts course which “earned the school the title of Colegio”.  From 1946 until the present, the administration of the school is being run by the Religious of the Virgin Mary which continues to teach the principles of the Catholic faith and devotion.

Archbishop Manuel Salvador Museum
Poblacion - The ancestral house of the couples Filemon Osorio Salvador and Ursula del Mar Sandalo wa built circa 1885 and renovated in 1953 and 2001.  It is used as a residence since their marriage on April 19, 1909 until the early years of the new millennium, when it was converted into a museum and a library last February 8, 2002.

The Salvador-Sandalo clan include, among others, the patriarch former Mayor Filemon Osorio Salvador (1922-1928), the matriarch former Municipal Councilor and Mother of the Year awardee Ursula Sandalo-Salvador, and their children former Mayor Francisco Salvador (1972-1976) and former Coadjutor Archbishop of Cebu Manuel Salvador, D.D. to which the museum is named after.

 Rizal Monument
Poblacion - The site used to be the location of the octagonal stage of the town during the Spanish era until the early American period.  It was the center of the town’s recreational activities where the musicians gathered and zarzuelas and plays were staged.

The first statue erected was that of Andres Bonifacio holding a bolo.  Local accounts disclose that, at a certain point in time, residents believed that the landmark has a certain influence on the killing incidents that happened during fiestas, which gave the town a negative image.  In order to dispel such incidents, the town authorities decided to replace it with a Jose Rizal statue.
Dalaguete Central Elementary School
Poblacion - The Gabaldon type main building of the school was constructed in 1914 and was finished in 1916. This was the first school built during the American era. On a later date, the Home Economics building was added. During World War II, the school was made into a garrison/headquarters by the Japanese Imperial army. It was burned by the USAFFE soldiers right after the Japanese troops left during the liberation so as to make sure the Japanese do not come back and occupy it again. The school was rebuilt during the late 1940s with the same Gabaldon design as the original structure with a symmetrical design and six square concrete pillars on the façade. Most of the residents in Dalaguete claim that they were educated in this school.
Crispin Almagro Ancestral House (Condrada “Dading” Almagro Residence)
Poblacion- Built in 1908, this white house with green roof was the house of Don Crispin and Doña Paula Osorio-Almagro, distinguished leaders and philanthropists in Dalaguete. They donated the land where the Dalaguete National High School now stands. They are also members of the Confradia dela Virgen Conolacion which even up to the present the tradition of holding the kumbira is still practiced by their children, who are also members of the present Confradia group. This is also the home of former mayor Condrada “Dading” Almagro, considered to be the “venerable matriarch” of the town. She is notable public figure known for her civic, philanthropic and charity works.
 Melchor Dayao House
Poblacion - This was the residence of Melchor B. Dayao since it was established in the early 1900s. He was considered to be the first doctor in the town who specialized in respiratory ailments. Dr. Dayao was part of the original group that comprised the Confradia de la Virgen Consolacion. The house may have had its share of kumbira activities in the past. The house has undergone renovations, both exterior and interior, but it has retained its general early American-era architectural characteristics such as the sliding panel windows with spindle wooden ventanillas. Dutch-hip roof, and window box planter supported by simple ornate brackets. The soffit on the roof eaves has ventilators with anthemion motif fretwork design.
Paling-Paling Road (Mantalongon Road)
Obo - Commonly referred to by local residents as the "Paling-paling" road, the construction of this vital link to the mountains was initiated by Fr. Ruperto Sarmiento between 1931-1933. He had the foresight of the potential of Mantalongon to be the "Vegetable Basket" of Cebu. Mariano Jesus Cuenco, who was governor at that time, supported the project by providing prisoners with minor sentences to help in the labor work. At present, this road now connects the rest of mountain barangays to the Poblacion area.
Cristo Rey de Mantalongon
Mantalongon - Located within the property of the prominent Almagro clan, it was constructed sometime in the 1950s by the same sculptor who made the Cristo Rey Monument. Standing more than 10 meters high, it is the culminating masterpiece featuring life-sized "Via Crucis" scenes.
Villa Caridad Monastery and Holy Cross
Mantalongon - Constructed in early 1930s, the monastery is the former residence of the Daughters of Charity nuns, managed by Paulist priests. Only the foundations of the monastery remain at present. A concrete Holy Cross overloking Mantalongon is erected at the summit of a nearby hill as a Peace Memorial, following the end of the Second World War, courtesy of missionary-priest Fr. P.J. Corres. The locals dubbed the area the Sta. Cruz of Villa Caridad.
Sta. Monica Parish Church
Cawayan - The parish was established in 1952.
San Isidro Labrador Parish Church
Mantalongon - What makes the church unique is its prominent glass design. The area is large and depends on natural light that gives a well ventilated atmosphere. Established in 1958, the parish comprises 14 upland barangays. The church is a symbol of devout Catholicism alive among the residents until today. Mantalongon has its very own Convent beside the church and a tall belfry.
Dalaguete Public Cemeteries
Poblacion - Catholic Cemetery. The first person being interred in this cemetery was Torcuato Silerio, known popularly as Kapitan Tatong who died on January 8, 1871. He was interred in Nicho no. 1 at the then newly-built Catholic Cemetery.

Municipal Cemetery. Situated adjacent to the Catholic Cemetery, it was established in 1937 to accommodate the remains of non-catholics. In a resolution dated August 3, 1937, the services of Fr. Ruperto Sarmiento was requested by the Municipal Council to perform a Sacramental Blessing of the newly established Municipal Cemetery before it was opened for service.

Don Bosco Retreat House
Mantalongon - Constructed in 1965, it is used as a retreat house for members of the Don Bosco Congregation. It has its own chapel, prayer room and mess hall.
Heritage Well
Poblacion - This well served the people of Dalaguete decades ago when water was scarce. The Knights of Columbus started to improve the well in 2006, thus named, Heritage Well. The project was not completed because of financial constraints, but with the creation and subsequent funding by the Parish Committee for Cultural Heritage, the well was completely restored.
Fr. Ruperto Sarmiento Monument
Poblacion - This monument was built on December 2009 in honor of the first Filipino priest who had served the parish for forty-nine (49) years. This was again one of the initiatives of the Parish Committee on Cultural Heritage.
Other Church Landmarks
Garden of Gethsemane
Poblacion - This area (left side) of the church used to house the image of Our Lady of Lourdes (now placed at St. Mary Academy). This spacious, landscaped Getsemane garden was intiated by the church leaders in collaboration with the local government.
San Guillermo Statue
Poblacion (placed at the Convent Courtyard)
Monument for Unborn Babies
Poblacion - This Pro-Life project was initiated by the Knights of Columbus St. William Council 1042. This was inaugurated on February 10, 2005.
Virgen de la Consolacion Shrine

Museo sa Dalaguete
Poblacion - Located at the 2nd floor of the town's century old municipal building, the Museo de Dalaguete showcases valuable things of Dalaguetnons in bygone era, relics and artifacts that symbolize ancient life and culture. The museum signifies as a tribute to the Dalaguetnons' ingenuity, industry, lasting faith and resolute spirit.

The conceptualization for the establishment of the Dalaguete museum started in 1999 and fully materialized in 2009 in preparation for the town's Tri-Centennial Fiesta Celebration and Founding Anniversary.

The Museo de Dalaguete reminds us how our Dalaguetnon forefathers thrived against all odds living behind their historic past for us to rediscover, appreciate, embrace and learn from it.

Archbishop Manuel Salvador Museum
Poblacion - The ancestral house of the couples Filemon Osorio Salvador and Ursula del Mar Sandalo wa built circa 1885 and renovated in 1953 and 2001.  It is used as a residence since their marriage on April 19, 1909 until the early years of the new millennium, when it was converted into a museum and a library last February 8, 2002.

The Salvador-Sandalo clan include, among others, the patriarch former Mayor Filemon Osorio Salvador (1922-1928), the matriarch former Municipal Councilor and Mother of the Year awardee Ursula Sandalo-Salvador, and their children former Mayor Francisco Salvador (1972-1976) and former Coadjutor Archbishop of Cebu Manuel Salvador, D.D. to which the museum is named after.

Abaca Production
Abaca was also grown in Dalaguete and in the neighboring southern towns later in the 1890s. It soon gained recognition from the export industry and provided business and livelihood to many Dalaguetnons. In 1891, Cebu was able to produce an estimated 15,580 piculs (a picul is equivalent to 63 kilos) which was cultivated in 30 towns. Dalaguete was one of the five towns recorded as producing more than one 1,000 piculs yearly. The towns of Argao, Dalaguete, Boljoon, Sibonga and Barili were the top producers of abaca in Cebu, which was priced on the average at P9 per picul on fine quality abaca.
Sugar Production
Sugar was also produced in Dalaguete in the later part of the 1800s although it was not as recognizable as the trading in Argao which was noted as one of the leaders in sugar production in Cebu.

Intusan sa Tubo
Owned by former Municipal President Placido Osorio (1906-1909), this manual sugarcane mill is the only remaining of what used to be four such facilities in Dalaguete at the later part of the 19th century, when the town’s sugar industry is at its height.

Farming Mining
Delicacy Making Cow Raising
Fish Net Weaving Mat Weaving
Basket Weaving  
Merely mentioning the name of our town would tickle your gustatory senses and give you a sample of a true Dalagitnon culinary special and gastronomic experience. Taking a bite-full of our sumptuous delicacies is like taking a trip to Food Heaven. We’ve packed this page with Carbo-loading and high-caloric goodies to satisfy your hunger pangs.

Banana Meat
In Dalaguete, deep-fried bananas (ripe cardava variety), immaculately stuffed with prime ground meat would seemingly grow on trees every fiesta. These potassium rich bananas have amazed many famished eaters and undaunted visitors. At first sight it looks just like your ordinary “pritong saging”. At first bite, it’s a culinary wonder: soft, sweet and juicy outside, meaty and spicy inside. Appetizer, main dish or dessert, the Banana Meat can be found in every table during fiesta – only in Dalaguete. It’s so easy to prepare and it has become a mainstay in many households on fiestas, holidays and special occasion buffets. It has become as much a tradition as the lechon. It’s not for vegetarians but it’s the ultimate banana experience one can never have enough of!!

So delectably lip-smacking good, our bibingka is unique from all other bibingkas elsewhere. Made even juicier and with just the right sweetness, one would often wonder and marvel if these rice cakes are baked in heaven. These are made of ground glutinous rice baked to perfection in unconventional ovens called “hudnohan” heated by red burning coals and glowing embers. Green banana leaves are used as drapes to keep it from sticking on the pans, enhancing a richer flavor and texture. What makes our bibingka is the thick, sweet sauce or latik, which is made of pure coconut milk and brown sugar. Hot latik poured lavishly on steaming freshly baked bibingkas are delightful for snacks or dessert. Available fresh and syrupy all year round at P5.00 a piece.

Call this the Queen of the Bring-house phenomenon. It has the shape of a crown and dusted with the white sugar crystals which glitter like tiny diamonds. There are differing traditions and recipes of the majestic Torta. The Dalaguete Torta distinguishes itself from all other tortas in its yolk to oil ratio content; that’s what makes it Dalagitnon. Guarded family recipes require the best eggs from free-range native chickens and pure home-produced pork oil. The ultimate torta has loads of yolk and oil per square millimeter making it the cholesterolic climax of pastries. Goes superbly with coffee, “tsokolate” or cola. Ideal for bring-house, pasalubong or giveaways, the torta has always been pinned for, here and abroad. It can remain soft, good and sugary for 5 to 6 days and would surely pass strict airport regulations.

Sweet and toasty golden-brown cookies shaped like the moon, stars and flowers are some of our popular tasty treats. Handed down by custom and tradition, these cookies can be traced back to Spanish heritage. The tostado is a cookie with ornate designs and baked until golden brown. Taste, form and quality vary in every household.

The podrida is a thicker but softer piece with luscious and fruity fillings of nangka or bantiyong jelly. Viewed on a certain angle, it has the appearance of a volcano. Through enough, its crater holds a tasty secret ready to erupt. It has a distinctive special texture in every bite. Available orders from local entrepreneurs at P5.00 each.

Vegetable Pickles






Go to top