MUNICIPAL DISASTER RISK REDUCTION MANAGEMENT TEAM UPDATE REPORT AS OF October 15, 2013.Written by Junrey D. Tenefrancia
- Created: 15 October 2013
Thirty minutes from the 7.2 Earthquake that occurred at around 8:25 in the morning, Municipal Mayor Ronald Allan G. Cesante, CPA immediately convened members of the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction Management Team which includes various municipal departments as well as national offices such as DPWH, PNP and Bureau of Fire Protection.
Initial Assessment were the following;
1. Short term panic among Dalaguetenons upon observance of the receding shoreline estimated to had receded from its original waterline of up to 6-8 meters estimate.
2. Roadside cracks were noted at Barangay Cawayan, Banhigan, Sitio Mag-Alambak of Barangay Mantalongon.
3. Portion of Paling-Paling Road had been impassable due to falling debris from the on-going road-widening construction.
4. One reported person had been brought to Julio Cardinal Rosales Memorial Hospital whom had suffered from falling rocks at Barangay Sacsac (Joey Dibdib, 24 years old from Sitio Caratagan, Barangay Caliongan).
5. Fire alarm was reported by one, Engr. Rex Rosenda B. Bajarias of Barangay Poblacion, Dalaguete, Cebu.
6. Cracks visibly appeared at San Guillermo De Aquitania Church and its belfry. Second floor on its convent had signs of collapsed.
7. Saint Mary’s Academy School at Barangay Poblacion had signs of floor cracks.
8. Power cut-off and no water supply had been noted after the earthquake.
9. Landslide along the road going to Barangay Mantalongon at Barangay Obo.
10. Mantalongon Municipal Abattoir/slaughter house had experience damage. The Mantalongon Covered court had cracks on the floor.
11. At Barangay Nalhub, their barangay water source had been totally cut-off. Nalhub Elementary School (Marcos Type Building) had collapse on its wall.
12. Upper Caliongan is not passable for big trucks as there was a big rock along the center of the road.
Initial steps/action taken.
1. Mobilization of Municipal Engineering personnel for damage assessment.
2. Municipal Personnel surveying passage areas as possible alternate routes.
3. Identifying possible areas/persons that may have suffered from the incident hence the continuous personnel deployment and reports update.
4. Cordoning the area along the perimeters of San Guilermo De Aquitania Church.
5. Tapping DPWH and QM Builders for the road clearing operations at Paling-Paling Road.
6. Continuous monitoring of all areas of the Municipality of Dalaguete.
Report prepared as of 1:00 in the afternoon.
(SGD) JUNRY D. TENEFRANCIA
(SGD) RYDAL B. CISNEROS, LLB.,
PIO - Designate