MDRRMC Update Report as of October 19, 2013Written by Junrey D. Tenefrancia
- Created: 21 October 2013
1. Mayor Ronald Allan G. Cesante authorized Mr. Pablito Amarillo and 7 other men, for the cleaning up of the water well located in sitio Sulok, barangay Tapon.
2. A team headed by Mr. Jeffrey Perez, the Supervising Science Research Specialist/Geologist from the Geologic Disaster Awareness and Preparedness Division of PHIVOLCS conducted an ocular inspection on some of the damages, especially the damaged water transmission lines, around the municipality brought about by the earthquake that occurred on October 15, 2013. Mayor Cesante informed the team about the immediate actions and steps the local government took, the damages done by the earthquake, the reported injuries, and post-disaster actions such as the postponement of activities, assessment of damaged houses and other infrastructures, cordoning of dangerous areas, consolidating of affected households and dealing with the water problems. PHIVOLCS team provided LGU-Dalaguete with earthquake posters and leaflets.
3. DDRRM attended to walk-in victims.
4. Continued water assistance to areas affected by the damaged water system.
5. DDRRM assisted the MSWD in facilitating the Senior Citizen Week Celebration held at the Dalaguete Sports Complex, to ensure the safety of the participants.
6. Mayor Cesante signed a memorandum directed to all school heads in the municipality of Dalaguete regarding the resumption of classes on October 21, 2013 (Monday), provided that the heads of the schools earlier identified with classrooms that sustained structural damages, take appropriate precautionary measures. (Revoked in MDRRMC October 21, 2013 Update Report)
7. Continuous monitoring and inspection is conducted around the municipality of Dalaguete.
(SGD) JUNRY D. TENEFRANCIA
(SGD) RYDAL B. CISNEROS, LLB.,
PIO - Designate